Wednesday, January 7, 2009

What a night

Yesterday was pretty normal for all of us. Matthew took a nap and I got some stuff done. We went to school and came home. I fixed some soup for us and he ate it up! I was soooo thrilled my baby was eating! Then he wanted some goldfish crackers. Close to his bedtime he curled up on my lap and fell asleep. I got him ready for bed and he fell back asleep. I did a couple more things and went to bed around 11. We were sleeping well went I heard a weird splatting sound. It was quickly followed by a wailing baby and I realized that I had been waking up to him throwing up! Poor guy, I'd get him and his bed changed and he'd start again or do some business in his pants. For two hours it was not pleasant. Finally we all fell asleep after 3am and it was over. I don't think he's still up to full speed, but at least he's keeping stuff down. We are going to take the day off from work and just rest. About the fourth time he threw up, Matthew pointed at the mess and said sadly, "What IS this?" I think I smiled. It was really unexpected in the middle of the mess. So I had to explain to my little guy what was happening to him.

On a nicer note, over break Matthew started to really understand that the tv is for watching. Once in awhile if something really caught his attention he would sit very quietly, like his dad, and stare at the tv. It is very cute and sortof sad for me. It means he's growing up and I hope that he doesn't lose his love for being outside and instead, just sit in front of the tv.

Well, in my half asleep crazed state last night, I got out the shot warnings so I would know if he was having a reaction to the shots they gave him Monday. They were in my purse and since Matthew is bringing me stuff from my purse I'm guessing I never closed it. I'd better go and zip it up!

No comments: