Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A better day

Matthew didn't hit anyone today. Thank goodness! My big talk must have stuck with him. Haha. We ate lunch with my dad today. Every time I hear Matthew rattle off a couple sentences I can't really understand, all I can think of is Jim Carey as Count Olaef saying, "I don't speak Monkey." (This is in the movie Lemony Snickett's A Series of Unfortunate Events. He's talking to Sunny, who's around Matthew's age.) Well, I explained all this to Dad, and the next time Matthew said something we didn't understand Dad said that to him. Matthew whipped his head around and told Dad all about it. It was so funny. Dad laughed so hard. The two of them are so comical together. I didn't tell Dad, but in the movie after Count Olaef says that to Sunny, she says back something to the effect of this man is an idiot. Of course it's written so we understand her. I also like that later she tells another guy that her teeth are at his service. Good movie.

Back to Matthew, over the weekend he was ignoring his food and just sucking down his drink. Phil tried to take it away from him and Matthew said, "I'm drinking this." He even said it just like a teenager would. We're in for trouble, I just know it!

An adorable puppy showed up at my parents house this morning. It has the softest coat you can imagine. It is going to be a big mixed breed dog with a thick coat. It would be so perfect for an outside dog. The vet clinic told Dad, after Matthew loved on it, it could have worms and that we should be very careful with Matthew's exposure to it so he doesn't get worms. Great, one more thing for me to worry about. And I wanted to adopt it. Of course, it'd just be one more pet to take care of. But we used to have 2 dogs and did ok. I'd better make a decision fast though, because Dad is totally ready to be puppy free.

I forgot to tell about how Phil decided to resolve his big decision. After much thought, he had a retired Army man cut his hair last Thursday. The man did a pretty good job, although I'm pretty sure he'd still rather have Sue cut it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your son is so cute! I think you'd better give him the 'talk' every time you drop him off at day care, just to be sure! It was probably a phase he was going through, and maybe your disapproval is finally sinking in! Good luck!