Sunday, January 4, 2009

It had to end

Sporting our brand new 9er's hoodie. (And the hat he gave me for Christmas.) Thanks Uncle Dan and Auntie Tara, it fits good!

Just precious if you ask me. Showing off his very own cap that lives at Grandpa and Grandma's.

Dad's computer case makes a good seat while I try and get my mega bloks together...


...and the "oh" look because I did it!

I knew that it was going to go quickly and it did. It is now evening and tomorrow school begins again. I do not hold out much hope for tomorrow being a super duper wonderful day. First day without Daddy and we need to go get our 18 month shots. Ick. Sortof forgot about that till Sat. I should have tried to have them done Friday, but they probably weren't open. At least I'm going to tell myself that.

We relaxed as a family and got some stuff done today. I'm super excited that finally 26 months after moving into this house we have finally gotten enough shades to do every window upstairs, but one. And it's a northern facing one that is so small we use it as a storage closet so it's no problem. Finally stuff can stop fading. At least it will when we actually get them up. When I suggested we get started Phil looked at me like I was insane and declined. I'm hoping to con my Mom into coming over and helping me. Next will be working on getting nicer ones for downstairs. If we could just settle on paint schemes and curtains to match, we'd be in business. If I order colored shades now they are sure to be the wrong color once the paint goes on and we finally agree on curtains. I'm patient, but things are moving a little tooo slow down here for my taste. Especially since the only windows with curtains are in the living room and the curtains in the bedroom are flannel sheets. Oh yeah, we're so classy around here. Since I was exhausted and pregnant (when we moved in), the sheets were the only thing I could find big enough to cover our enormous windows down here. They were meant to be temporary, but turned out to be not nearly as temporary as I'd hoped. One day, some day...

And I almost forgot to tell you that this morning (since it was my last opportunity to sleep in for awhile) Phil had graciously agreed to get up with Matthew at the crack of dawn. Well dawn cracked and with it came Matthew hopping around in his bed talking. He talks louder and louder to roust a person out of bed. Any who, I was doing my best to ignore him till Phil got up and took him away, when suddenly he let out the shriek that sends icy water through a mom's veins and started crying. I was suddenly 100% awake and in motion. Matthew, for some reason, decided that it would a great idea to stick his leg through the bars on the crib and the fleshy little knee wasn't letting it go back in. I even had a hard time stuffing it back through, but we did it. I turned to see how my husband was taking all of this (I mean it woke him up of course right?) only to find that in fact no, it had not. I figured if he could see through all that noise and excitement then he needed to sleep in more than I did and took Matthew away myself. I know that one of you left a message saying our house was too exciting for you, but I'll ask again, anyone up to living with us?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your poor bird probably agrees with Anonymous about the excess excitement at your house after that birdcage tipping incident! And yes, no doubt you can easily con me into helping you put up your shades! Grin!