Saturday, January 3, 2009

The right way

If I step on here carefully....

and use my strong boy muscles...

I will reach the top and slide down to pose for my mom. I'm serious, he posed for this!

The brat kitten...
grrrr....my plant...


There is many right ways to do things. My son has already learned that. He has learned that you can climb up the ladder and slide down the slide like everyone else (and your mom wants you to) or you can climb up the slide and slide back down it. I mean there are sooooooo many options. So that's what I woke up to this morning. He didn't take long to figure it out.

I also knew the kitten attacked my plant, but yesterday I caught her in the act and got it on film. I did not get on film her jumping on the poor bird's cage, hanging from it briefly while it swung crazy, and dropped seconds before the cage crashed to the ground showering the floor with bird seed and water, but I heard it. What a wreck. I also didn't catch her on film hanging from my couch. I can't wait till she grows out of all the craziness. Have I announced that she's also a tail sucker? Yes, she uses the end of her tail as a pacifier. But only at night so she can cuddle next to your head and wake you up to slurping. Nothing like waking up to slurping and a freakishly long wet tail. Don't you wish you could live at our house?

Phil got busy and did alot of work around here and Matthew and I are very grateful. Not only that, but he cooked all our meals. Gotta love that. And the Army will drag him away again tomorrow. At least we had a good chunk of time together.

Matthew has been working on perfecting his raspberries on me. He gets such good ones on my legs that Phil turned to me today and asked in all seriousness if I let one go. Then he zeroed in on the boy and realized it was him. Summer could be tricky this year since he attacks bare skin. He tries to attack Phil's legs, but the hair is just too much for him. Over break he started taking showers with Phil and he loves them! It probably doesn't hurt they play and taste the water. All I hear is laughter. If he hears Phil getting in he's running for the bathroom and loudly saying, "Yeah, yeah, yeah, UP!" He's going to miss them since Mom just gives him baths. Boring old Mom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think I could cope. Your house is FAR too exciting for me!