Friday, January 30, 2009

Survival

I survived today and so did the rest of us. It was hectic and crazy and emotionally charged, but I think we fought the good fight and won some ground. Amen.

I have to say I was delighted to turn on the computer for the first time this evening and see that I had 3 comments. Yes, it's a small thing, but it pleased me.

Mallory's mom told me today about the encounter she had with Matthew yesterday. She was picking up her daughter from daycare and they were saying goodbye to Matthew. He replied, "Bye, my momma's at work." The mom responded, "Yeah, your Mommy is at work." Matthew: "Yeah, my mommy." She said that you could tell he really wanted me, but he wasn't going to cry. I was just totally blown away that he spoke a clear sentence to someone and included a word like work. I really didn't think he understood work. I know I say, "Mommy's got to go to work now." and so does the daycare (and of course he's gone with me many times this fall), but to actually use it back to someone appropriately, wow. For me that's so exciting.

Isabelle went a got shots today and for the first time EVER she hasn't been bouncing off the walls. They said she might be tired and sore, but wow, I didn't think there was anything in the world that could halt the brat kitten so effectively. I'm sure she'll be back in the game tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am also impressed! Were you able to do that at his age? Phil?

Anonymous said...

Matthew's mommy was riding with her daddy in the pickup one day. He came home and reported that he had been chatting away with her and having a great conversation when he looked over at her and remembered that she was not yet three.

The author said...

It might come from my side, but it might come from Phil's side. No one kept real good track of that I don't think.