Monday, January 5, 2009

A day of 1st's

Pushing the buttons on our tank. It moves forward and backward.

Riding our horse one last time before bed.

Here is Matthew sitting on his great and wonderful potty chair. He will mimic what he's supposed to do, but he will not allow you to put him on to actually potty. It sings and he knows exactly how to turn it on. So most days he is just making it sing it's songs. Today I got tired of him playing with it and turned it off. Right before I took this picture, he'd carefully pulled it out from the wall enough to turn it on (this is why it's at an angle), and carefully sat on it (after raising the lid) to brush teeth. After the picture was taken he put the lid down, carefully turned it off, and attempted to push it back against the wall. I had to smile at how clever (and tidy) he is.

Here he is (brushing teeth once again) on his swing. Over the weekend he learned how to get on the swing by himself and push himself. I was trying to teach him to not drag his legs and as you can see he's got it now. He really raises them up. He just loves this inside gym. What a blessing to have it.


We went and got Matthew's shots this morning. He cried while they were sticking him, but as soon as I was pulling his pants up the crying stopped and he was just fine again. He is such a trooper. He won't have anymore shots until he is 4.

Our first day back to work and daycare went ok. Matthew refused to take a nap again today, but was remarkably well behaved. I am really hoping we can get back in the swing of napping. Stupid holidays, they mess up everything!

Matthew has finally decided that he loves his new tank and isn't afraid to push it's buttons anymore. He was sortof scared of it at first, then he decided it was ok, but he wasn't going to touch it. Then he decided he want to watch it move, but a parent had to do it. I was getting real sick of hearing it making it's noises by time he went to bed! There is no off switch on it, although Matthew is very good at finding them and turning them back on so it probably doesn't matter.

Remarkably Matthew ate his supper really well tonight. He ate his chicken and green beans. I was so excited I almost started doing backflips, but I held it in. Since he did so well, I thought I'd give him the mini box of Nerds I said he could have if he ate his dinner. I opened the box for him and handed it over. I'd left the bowl of leftover food on his tray. You can see where this is going. He poured his Nerds in with the last bits of green beens, corn, and chicken chunks. Poor guy. He didn't fuss though and valiantly attempted to get them out to eat one by one. Finally I told him he'd done well enough and said I'd get him a new box while taking the bowl away. He howled in protest till he saw the new box. This time I just poured it out on his clean tray. It worked much better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a smart little boy! He is becoming very self-sufficient! Loved the pictures and the explanations.