Thursday, January 15, 2009

And the ceiling comes down

A man hard at work tearing out the false ceiling.

He is so mature for the picture isn't he?


It's actually kindof scary for me. You never know in a house this old what you are going to find when you tear something out. Sometimes you might wish you'd left well enough alone. So far nothing scary. Phil stuck his head up above the false ceiling and looked around with the flash light. He said it looks pretty good. Well, this means more wallpaper to steam off (of course it's on the ceiling-you knew it would be) and more to patch probably. Then we'll actually have to settle on a paint color because we won't have anymore excuses for not painting. So if anyone has an idea let me know. I was thinking about maybe a rich buttery yellow only very pale. Just a thought. I've been tossing a light lime green around for the living room. I used to know exactly what I wanted when it came to paint colors. I insisted we paint 2 of the walls a rich red in our old house and loved it. I think most everyone else did too.

Matthew said, "Where's my shoe?" today. The lucky little guy got to stay home all day. Phil ended up being done early and stayed with him. I felt bad when I left because Matthew started crying and Phil had to peel him off of me. I guess Matthew's with me a little toooo much. Matthew saw me kissing his Dad on the cheek, so I decided to get silly with it. I said, "Matthew, come cover Dad in kisses!" I demonstrated kissing his cheek repeatedly. Well Matthew must have thought it looked like fun because he came over, imitated me, and never stopped. Off and on all afternoon he covered his Dad in kisses. Ahhhhh...lucky man.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I can't wait to see the whole ceiling!