Sunday, October 12, 2008

Paneling coming down

Here I am saying "DON'T TAKE my PICTURE!" Wall without radiators and paneling.

Another view with paneling against wall.

Another view with me saying the same thing as above darn it.

All his life I've taken pictures of him sleeping off and on. I can't help myself, I think he just looks too precious asleep.


This has been a very productive day. Since Phil is home and we are on the verge of making a very big purchase of baseboards, door trim, plinth blocks, 2 types of special trims and flooring; we decided to make tracks getting the room in shape for the arrival. We managed to get rid of the radiators so we could take down the paneling and actually took the desk and it's hutch apart. I'll be so glad to get it out of the dining room because it takes up so much room. It is an awesome desk though. It's going to go in Phil's room and possibly the hutch. The hutch sits great alone on the floor and may find new life as a hall bookcase. We also got more carpet tack up and steamed off a section of wallpaper. We found a lot of places that need to be patched. At least one point we can feel the breeze it's letting in. No wonder the dining room gets so cold. The walls are letting in a breeze as well as the windows! This is why you are suppose to have the appropriate baseboards on the walls... Anyway, we are really excited with the changes so far. Phil is hoping that we don't have to put the radiators back in, but steam heat might be most efficient for us.

While we were busy tearing up the place, Matthew got to be entertained by his grandma and grandpa. Lucky boy. He has been super spoiled all weekend. Friday we planned to stay home, but Dad offered to come up in the morning and take us to get milk and diapers. So we went with him and ended up going home with him. We stayed long enough that Mom got to see him for a little bit before Phil picked us up on his way home. Saturday we went and picked up my Oz toys and shopped at Hastings and Sears. We went to Hobby Lobby and debated buying the same Christmas tree that we missed buying last year and couldn't decide again. It didn't look as good as last years, but I think the problem is that we made it better in our minds than it really was. After that we took off for Mom and Dad's again to move stuff out of my room, to make room for the crib. I threw away quite a bit, brought more boxes home (tons more notes it looks like-holy cow, did I throw nothing away???), and managed to make a big enough place for a crib and set it up. YES! I guess all weekend has been productive...

No comments: