Monday, October 27, 2008

Encouraging news

Today I as I was driving home, I got a phone call from a nurse at the hospital letting me know the results of Matthew's allergy test. He was only a trance positive for an egg white allergy. Otherwise they were all negative. The doctor wants me to take him off eggs for a week and see if that helps. I can tell you right now that it won't because unless he can't eat foods with eggs in them, he only has a bite of an egg here and there. If that doesn't work then I'm supposed to take him off milk and eggs for another week and see if that helps. If that doesn't help him, then I'm to call back so she can formulate a new plan. So I guess that I should just skip to week 2 as of tomorrow. I am only going to take him off milk. I will still give him yogurt. Maybe that will blow the test, but they didn't say milk products just milk. Perhaps now that I'm home, and not in the car, I should call and get a more detailed report. At least he doesn't have a billion food allergies.

We had a good weekend with Phil. We picked out a door and a new back plate to go on it. We are hoping to send it to a place up there that takes old doors and reseals them so that they are like a new door only better. If they are as cheap as stated then we'll have a new old door for less then a new one and it will be so much more beautiful. It has beautiful carving on it. We were at the store for 2 hours talking to one of the guys that works there. Matthew got so bored he decided to try slapping me. (He wasn't allowed to get down and play since there was many heavy and expensive things to break.) After deflecting several shots and telling him no, he got in a really good one that hurt. I wanted to spank him hard in front of the entire store of people, but I calmly stated I was going to the car and told him how bad he was the whole way. I then buckled him in and hoped Phil was about ready to go. I was proud of my self control.

Sunday both Phil and I tried to find costumes and bombed. I found a cute one, but my fanny showed. Phil's was sold out. So much for dressing up. We also bought a lamp for Phil's living room, just to find it was defective.

Today we all got up to go to work and home respectively. We thought all was well till they called to see why Phil wasn't at work yet. His self setting alarm clock decided this weekend was fall back weekend and reset in the middle of the night. Instead of being 8:20 am it was really 9:20 am and we were all late. Phil rushed off to work while I urged Matthew to eat faster. By time I got everything in the car it was about 10 am. I opened the door to go, through which Matthew and Missy shot. Normally Missy waits for us, but not today. I heard neighbors upstairs screaming profanities about this dog in their apartment. Great. I got greeted with "Girl we have a pit bull in here." Great. After saying "I'm so sorry" about a gazillon times I trudged back down to collect my son on the stairs. We left and when we hit the gas station, no purse. So I had to go back and collect that. Now it's closer to 10:15 am. I wanted to be almost home by then. We got gas, returned stuff to Walmart and left the area at 10:50. Translation: I didn't hit my parents till around 1 pm. Work in 2 hours. We stopped to eat our McD's at my parents and entertain my dad. Matthew wouldn't eat anything but fries. Same tonight, only it was like about 2 slices of cooked carrots instead of fries. Talk about picky at the moment. I made it home in time to be there about 20 mins and Matthew snatched about 30 minutes of nap at the last minute in the car. Whew. Now we are home and he decided he had to go to bed by 7. It was a long day for all of us.

No comments: