Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Crazy days

Alas, Toyota did not call us today, so Matthew and I packed up in the Green Streak and took off for school. But, we didn't get far. It's not a good sign when your car's speedometer goes to 120 and you can't get it to go above 30 mph. So we turned around and I called my neighbor. Luckily Bailey was just leaving her house so she whipped over and picked us up. Matthew wasn't sure what to think about being pulled out the car, in his carseat, and being plopped in Bailey's truck. I was flustered enough I let her drive off with my keys and Matthew's sippy cup still on the truck of my car. Nothing screams "Rob me" like leaving your house keys on your car. I don't particularly care if someone tried to steal my car at this point. After having it died backing up about 3 times and then not picking up speed, my guess is they'd leave it behind after all.

Luckily the rest of our day went better then that. Matthew and I came home and watched some of the Wizard of Oz. He was completely fascinated by it. It was the first time he really watched something on tv for more then seconds or 2 minutes. I think it's the singing. I don't think I've written to let everyone know that if you sing Ring around the Rosey to him, he will go in a circle. He will giggle and do it until he gets so dizzy he falls down some days. He does more and more cute stuff every day and unfortunely I'm about the only one who sees it.

I would like to mention that he is about to make his first theatrical appearance next Friday. We are having a Lights on Afterschool program with a "Night Before Halloween" play. All the kids and my boss wanted him to participate and be a frog. So he'll get to perform with the rest of us. Your's truly gets to play the mom and eat a cupcake. That's the stuff Oscars are made of. If I was shy, I sure have to lose it fast in this job! PS Mom, I keep forgetting to ask if you'd attend and help me with my potentially crabby child. And you may have to pick up sandwiches if you agree to attend. Love you!

No comments: