Sunday, October 5, 2008

Help! I'm stuck in a time warp!

My mom called today and came to pick me up so that I wouldn't be lonely, which meant "get down here and clean out your old room." She sent home some large boxes of what I thought were books. In reality it was folders full of notes from every class I took in high school along with tests. It was pictures of old crushes and dates. A letter I didn't send a BFF Senior year about who I should ask to my after Bellhop party. In it I also advised against telling another BFF that the band sucked, even if it did, because she'd get very angry. I found stacks of reading material from a online psych class. I found tons upon tons of ripped out magazine pictures that didn't seem to have much rhyme or reason. (Yes honey, I know I still rip out magazine pages, but it's normally recipes or restoring houses articles.) I found a clipping of the returning letter holders for the girls golf team, several high school newspapers (0ne included mention of a certain "Galloworm" peddling assorted snack foods in the hall until his blow pops got out of control, causing him to be shut down), a Senior awards day program that was not from the year I graduated, a window cling, my first apartment lease, a tuition receipt, a old bank statement from high school (I had a $100, yes!), a love email from the last guy I dated before Phil, cut out from a Halloween mini M&M box, and the list goes on and on. And this is only what I found in 1/3 of one box. I'd say she had a good reason for wanting it out of her house. I'd also say there's an excellent reason why there isn't room for a baby crib in my old room. The reason is junk!!! At least it's not becoming junk here either. After all of that I feel like I'm back in high school and suddenly I am curious who "Pickles" Bellhop date was because I refused to invite her to my house. Save me!!!!

On the bright side we had a good time at my parents. On the dark side the rat didn't become stuck. I'm not sure he even did anymore damage or moved anything, so maybe he's gone or dead? To be on the safe side I'm pretty sure the car will be on it's way to repair shop to be certain and get a oil change at the same time.

I need a nap.

1 comment:

dwindlingdreams79 said...

yeapI that would be me:) Boy was I looking pretty retarded!!HEHEHE!Memories I tell ya!! I miss talking to ya call me sometime!

love,
Elisa