Monday, October 13, 2008

It's a monday

My flood of memories and paper. The biggest on the left is recycling, middle-toss, and right-save. I didn't think you guys really understood the magnitude, so I photographed it. My poor parents...


Rain, rain, go away should have been today's motto. It felt like it rained all day, but it took a couple breaks. I made my family breakfast and out the door we went to run a couple errands. One of them was getting father and son haircuts. Later I went to work and came home 1/2 hour early to let Phil leave. The daycare was closed today due to all the kids being sick, so he had Matthew and I had the good car. Thank goodness Matthew wasn't one of the sick ones. While I was gone, Phil moved the paneling to the back porch and steamed off some more wallpaper. Pan also decided to jump up on the scanner and knock it off the bookcase, which means bye-bye scanner. Yes, it didn't work with the newest version of Windows, but it still worked great on the old computer. It's always something.

After Phil left, Matthew was so upset he decided to take his bath and go to bed. Poor guy, he misses his dad more now that he's older. Oh, happy 16th month b-day to him by the way. So with all the empty evening hours on my hands I decided to steam wallpaper. I didn't get far because I realized that the strange smell was the plug melting and turning to charcoal where it plugs into the steamer. So another, much needed appliance, down the tubes. I'd go get another one tomorrow, but I still don't have a dependable car back. Ditto for the scanner. So instead I spent my hours wisely. I worked on the boxes of paper junk. I took a picture for your viewing pleasure. I couldn't believe how much was packed into that one little box. This is only 2/3's of the box. I got too overwhelmed by the rapid switch from master's memories to high school to undergrad and back again. I know that you are all wanting to know what I found so here it is. I found old high school notes, college notes, newspapers from both colleges that had nothing important in them, judgmental emails from an ex's mom (still had the power to turn my stomach so they quickly went in the toss stack), old song sheets from when I sang and took voice lessons, and the list goes on. In typical style I picked a couple things to share. One is a poem I was forced to write in grad school.
What I Need
I need to be fullfilled,
What's it mean be fullfilled?
Well, I need real love,
peace brought by a dove,
some days I could use a hug,
and never deal with a bug.
A place to call my own,
less days where I must groan.
I have need to get good grades,
so someday I can have maids,
and when I have a therapy job,
I hope I never see a "What about Bob"!
More time for taking a walk,
and not just around the block.
Pets, friends, and family around,
so that real love can abound!

Wow, I shouldn't quit my day job. But my teacher loved it. I hate writing poems. I also found a list of quotes from high school. My french teacher's "Mushroom Story": Love is like a mushroom, you never know it's there till it's gone.; was one of them. Quite a few were from movies. Why do I keep these things???

No comments: