Monday, December 15, 2008

It's too cold

My boys goofing off.

Note the identical solemn expressions.

Pictures of a huge flock of birds that kept landing on our lawn and flying away just to come back. They drove Missy nuts!



It's like 2 degrees out. Way too cold for me! It's only getting up to maybe 10 degrees. Ick. And not a flake of snow to show for it. And it will be in the single digits all week. I'm moving back to Arizona right now.

As usual, just because I didn't post, doesn't mean that nothing happened. Thursday I went to my parent's unexpectedly to go swimming after work. Matthew just becomes more of a water bug every time. Friday we cleaned, went to work, came home and packed and took off for my parents again. We spent the night and did a couple things there. The next morning we took off for Phil's and got there in time for shopping and lunch. We spent the whole afternoon running errands. I was pooped by the end of it all. But I did get some stuff that I need in order to make what I think will be some great Christmas gifts. Crossing fingers. Sunday we just hung out and pretended I didn't have to leave at 3 to beat bad weather home. Yesterday the temp plunged from 50's to single digits in hours. When I left at 3pm it was around 23 degrees, but time I got home it was 7 degrees and it's about 2 degrees now. Ick.

Matthew, as always, does his best to make our day and scare us to death. While shopping at Micheals on Sat., he and his dad were messing around. Matthew was in the cart. Phil did something and it caused Matthew to do a backflip out of the cart and hurtle towards the hard floor head first. A second away from impact Phil caught Matthew and he was fine, but it scared Matthew so bad he cried hysterically. My heart was racing, I'm glad I just heard it. I may have fainted if I saw it. Thursday we saw all these crazy birds landing and taking off from our yard. I pointed them out and asked what he thought of all those crazy birds. His reply was, "Oh my." That's my boy. One of my favorite phrases. Useful in many situations. Later when his Grandma was trying to fix his supper, he got impatient. What did he say? He threw his hands up and said, "HURRRRY UP!" I swear he did. I laughed so hard. Friday he started saying, "What's this?" and is working hard on repeating words. I swear time is just going way to fast. He just learns so much. It's impossible to record all the cute stuff he does, but I try.

Everyone likes to see their name in print, so this is for my very dear friend Christa, who I just found out today is pregnant! I'm so excited. He will come in March between my birthday and her's. I will be roadtripping in the spring...! I'm so happy for her and Matt (when I named Matthew I ignored the fact that 2 of my dearest friends married Matt's!) and of course her wonderful parents! Matt's mom is pretty special too and I'm sure she is also pleased beyond belief!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you'd a married into the Air Force instead a the Army you'd a known the birds were practicing "touch and goes/"

The author said...

So that's what they were doing! You learn something every day. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

It looks kinda like they may have been taking on fuel during those "touch and goes"!