Monday, December 22, 2008

Are the holidays over?

It's been busy, busy, busy since I wrote last. Saturday, bright and early, Matthew and I got up and were ready for the guy to arrive. I was afraid he would say he couldn't help us. And I was right. We have to fix a wall and dig and you can't do any of that till spring and it will involve thousands, so....my dreams of a complete dining room are going up in smoke.

Right after that Mom arrived and the 3 of us went shopping. It ended up taking all day. I hoped to be home by 1 and got back around 4:30. The good news is that after visiting 2 places I found a pair of glasses I sort of like. They aren't great, but they will do I guess. I'm hoping it was just the color I don't really like. Apparently my face was not constructed for the modern fashions, so if they bomb, that's it. I'm stuck with my broken down pair. The bad news was the hefty price tag that came with them. Merry Christmas, we're officially broke! So, since I didn't want to try to drive at night I packed and went to my parents to spend the night. It was productive as I had my mom help me sew a present.

Sunday Matthew and I, once again, got up very early and left for Phil's. We arrived and went shopping, again. At least it didn't take as long. After that we ate and went home and veggied as a family. It was so nice. I really miss being a full-time family and I think the other 2 fully agree with me. But time passes quick and so will this.

Today, since we've gotten in a pattern of early mornings, we got up early. Phil was dismayed and stayed in bed. Matthew and I got up, ate, played, and cleaned. Phil got to eat lunch with us and then it was back in the car and on the road again. On the way out we ran to Walmart again. And I'm sure I'll have to go there at least 1 more time. We ran to town and payed the electric bill and stopped back at my parents to pick up cookie cutters and ended up bringing home much more. It's sort of fun shopping for cute stuff at Mom's, but if I'm not careful I'll end up with way too much.

Matthew is learning what animals make what sounds. He now knows what a cow, cat, dog, and Santa says. He greeted Pandora tonight by meowing at her. He has so much cabin fever energy, I can't wait for Christmas to get here so he can go to town with his presents and release a little of it. I'm sure he's done many cute things, but I can't think of any of them right now. Maybe because it is just too cold out. I'm not used to single digits or negative numbers. I'm sincerely hoping that my pipes aren't freezing in the kitchen. The water is not exactly wanting to run like normal in there. It's always something around here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please, keep "shopping" for things at our place! It helps me with my clutter purge, and it's better you should have anything you want instead of me throwing it out! Feel free to ask for stuff more than once! I might be in the right mood to let something go that I wanted to keep last month...