Wednesday, December 3, 2008

100th post

Today was an abnormal day for us. Matthew and I got up early to be at the school by 8am, so we could fill in at the daycare for 2 hours. We had a good time. As we were leaving, 3 kids decided that they needed lots for hugs and kisses from Matthew. He was so tired when we got home that he took a 3 hour nap! He hasn't done that in months. It was really nice. Gave me a good chunk of time to get stuff done. I used it wisely. This afternoon we went back at the normal time for work. This time Matthew did not have a good time at daycare. Bailey is gone to Vegas, so he was there with people he didn't really know. By time I picked him up, he was standing in the middle of the floor bawling his eyes out. Talk about pulling at a mother's heart strings. But I knew this would happen, so I was prepared. (I just hoped I would be wrong!) After dinner and a bath he finally felt good enough again to play and be cheerful.

Yesterday Matthew started saying "bye." Now he says it when he's walking away from me or going into a different room. He normally waves at the same time. Sometimes today I'd just hear him practicing it. He's also working on saying "water." We also went swimming with his Grandmom yesterday. He did a really good job. He did alot of kicking and practiced paddling with his arms. He also floated on his back (with help!) for the 1st time. Normally he freaks out if you try to turn him on his back.

Can you believe this is the 100th post? I am sort of surprised I've posted that much already. I guess it goes as quick as the months do. I can't believe it's almost Christmas. A mere 22 days away. I am just not feeling very Christmas-y yet. I am trying to work myself up to bring down Christmas decorations, but quite frankly, with Phil there and us here I don't really feel like putting stuff up. But I know I need to for Matthew if no one else. Maybe if he takes another 3 hour nap tomorrow I'll get to it!

No comments: