Sunday, December 28, 2008

Happy New Year!

All * comments are ones I put in later as I realized I had skipped some important events!

I was reading someone else's blog and they had written the most important events in their family's year month by month. I thought that was an excellent way to ring out 2008. Our's goes like this:
January: Phil goes through a fence ($6,000+ damage to car), Phil goes to recruiting school, Matthew and I learn to live without him, we get internet!
February: Continuing to live in different time zones
March: Matthew learns to crawl!, I have my birthday, Phil graduates from school, begin the blog *duh our roof work started! most exciting project of '08
April: 1st half of the month wondering where we are moving, 2nd half trying to find a house or apartment *roofing continues with 2 windows replaced in the attic, painting going on, siding fixed, new windows downstairs
May: Matthew walks!, Phil goes to KC without us, Matthew and I finish the school year and pack up the rest of the house *postpone porch project till bay windows can be raised, decide to paint lower half of the house ourselves
June: Adjusting to the big city and no internet, Matthew turns 1!
July: Happy 4th!, swimming lessons start for Matthew
August: moving home, school starts, readjusting to living apart
September: tear out paneling and carpet in dining room, Phil's birthday
October: pack rat problems equals car problems, wallpaper stripped in dining room * almost all of lower half of the house primed
November: buy a new front door (finally!)
December: trying to get ready for Christmas, *bringing the door home in gale force winds, Christmas!

I'd say that's us in a nutshell. Pretty boring. Pretty average. We are currently wrapping up stuff here and in about an hour will head back to the big city for a couple days. Since Matthew and I are on vacation, we are going back with Phil. He has to work Monday-Wednesday. Since we'll be up there this is the last blog of 2008. See you all back in 2009! Here's hoping for bigger and better things in '09.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd say that you all had a very adventurous but successful 2008, full of challenges, adjustments, growth, and joys! Happy New Year and may 2009 be a busy, happy year also! Love you!