Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Down to the wire

We're down to the wire people. It's Christmas Eve after all. I can officially say that I have completed all of my projects. Yes, even the simple, yet surprisingly difficult one is completed. Yes! Now all I have to do is cook a million Christmas cookies and wait for Phil to come home with supplies for more stuff. I'm tired!

Yesterday Matthew and I went to fill in at the daycare. It went pretty well, but by the end of the day he was ready to go home. We took a jar full of Christmas cookies with us for Bailey's family and within the first hour he'd already conned her into sharing one with him. Is he spoiled or what?

Today, around nap time, Matthew came running in with his blanket. I caught it and covered up with it. He climbed up on me to take it back and never got off. For at least an hour we laid on the couch while he slept. I tried to doze off, but it just didn't work for me. It was one of those things that is just so sweet and so precious that you don't care if you can't move. He can be soooo infuriating and soooo sweet all at the same time. I feel like I'm trying to hold sand in my fingers with him. Life just goes so quick. I'll be writing about high school graduation before I know it. I just hope that the 3 of us are always as close as my parents and I are. It's such a good feeling.

I'd better get back to the grind stone. I'm sure my husband would appreciate a clean house and a wife who'd showered! If I don't post again till Friday, Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on FINISHING your projects! That is inspiring to me, the queen of unfinished projects! By the way, I found a new project for you!

The author said...

I bet it's the one we bought paper for today! Either that or the one we bought buttons for.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it was the one we bought buttons for. Now I know that somewhere in my craft stuff is another project for you! I'll let you know when I find that one!