Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Glasses

I don't understand how a day can go downhill so fast? I mean here I was minding my own business cheerfully getting some stuff I wanted to get done, done.this is my ragmuffin Christmas garland, doesn't look like much yet

the beginnings of some Christmas presents...

I took a shower and my world fell apart. I took my glasses off and put them on the counter. I was greet upon my exit from the shower by a small boy, who had lovingly gotten my glasses and bent one ear piece 180 degrees the wrong way. Yes, it was now over the lens ready to attach to my ear from the other side. Great. I finally bent it back somewhat into shape, but the glasses sit crooked and don't feel good. I was planning on getting new ones but geeeez, I don't have them yet!! So I decided it was high time to call post and see why they hadn't called me to schedule an appt. Well, they couldn't get me in till Jan. 20th. Over a month away. So me being a little peeved because wearing my glasses gives me headaches, I wanted to know how serious a clogged tear duct could be because I'm jonesing for my contacts. I need a fix bad people. The receptionist very snottily announced, "Madam I READ your diagnosis. All you have is dry eye and itchiness." Well, she really told me. I thought my eye got bloodshot and hurt, but call me crazy, I guess she really knows my eye best. Call me crazy, but I can whip tears up out of that eye at a moments notice, so who has dry eye now B&*#!, mean, well, it's not printable what else I think. I will tell you I told 3 people last Wed, that there was NO ITCHINESS, so if one more person says, "So your eye is itchy..." it very well may be the last words they ever say. So, about 18 hours later, I'm resigned to almost 2 months of glasses. I will look like this till my contacts come back though.


Anyway, Matthew was also really fussy, but who wants to hear pages about that and how naughty the kids were at school. If you really want the whole story email me! So moving on, today it looks like this.


Very snowy. (Last time I posted a picture it happened to show the mailbox. Phil wanted to know why I posted a picture of it. This is to show snow, not my fish lantern! Just teasing you honey.) As I was sitting here typing my glasses woes, my neighbor, god bless him, came down our driveway in his tractor, hauling his grain cart, and scrapped my drive way. It is just about the sweetest thing that has ever been done for me and I needed it! I leaned out the back door and waved real big. I see a huge plate of Christmas cookies in his future. His family is just about the best neighbors you could ask for. God bless 'em.

Well, wish Matthew and I luck. We have to make the 30 min. trek to the doctor for his 18 mon check in this junk. Freezing rain predicted about the time we have to leave. I'm delighted! We've leaving an extra 30 min early just to be safe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that I read this AFTER you got safely back home again! All those hills and twisty turns in the road... Love your new look in the glasses!!! Are you sure we're related???