Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Busy day

My day started at 7:30 in my nice warm bed. While dreaming about an ex-roommate from college, I heard a familiar truck rumble down at the stop sign. It broke into my dream enough that I thought oh no, please don't let that be the roofers truck. I got the boy to sleep in and he's still asleep. I heard the truck take off from the stop sign, speed up, and slow down...to turn in...and rumble down the driveway. That's when I knew I'd better get up quick and let them in the garage and in the house so they could knock down the wall into the stairs from the back porch. From there my day did not stop. I then realized in order to knock said hole in they would need to be able to access the wall, which was fully lined with heavy shelving and lots of stuff. Oh joy. I spent the next 1/2 hour moving stuff. Then Matthew woke up and it was time to feed him and dress him. Then I showered and dressed, forgetting I needed to eat. Then off the the store for groceries, get home to a big hole in the wall and plaster dust everywhere in a thick layer. Matthew and Phil beat on the footstool and a huge cloud of dust came out of it. Ewww. Phil got home soon after Matthew and I got back from the store so we ate quickly and went to sign our taxes. That was a interesting trip since I forgot to get gas and we ran into town on fumes. But we made it. And while we were getting gas, my dad got to see Matthew in his new car seat because he was getting coffee. We came back home and then soon it was time for me to go to work. And by time I get home from work the day is basically done.

Phil spoke to the captain today and it's been decided. Olathe. One and/or both of us is moving. I don't know what is going to happen other then we need to find an apartment and pack enough stuff for Phil to furnish it with. He isn't sure what he wants yet so I don't know what to pack. It should prove to be the most interesting month.

Meanwhile the little man has learned that he can transport what he wants to play with to another area by putting it in his mouth and crawling. He's also discovered that the new fencing is up to keep him from following his parents, which he is most distressed about. I have some pictures to put up but I don't have them downloaded yet. I promise to try and do that tomorrow. He had a good day, I think because he allowed himself to sleep in, and hopefully he doesn't get anymore of a cold so he can have his surgery. We really don't want to have to postpone it.

3 comments:

jen4music said...

Were you dreaming of me???? hehe :)

The author said...

Hehe. No, but it would have been much more fun if I had been. I was dreaming of the crazy one after you. Do you remember Desirae? It was sooo good to see you. Sorry I didn't let Matthew break that lamp. ;)

jen4music said...

I don't think I ever met her but I remember you talking about her. I think I was at the house you were living in maybe once. I thought that would have been a little ironic though if you had been dreaming of me. No worries on the lamp, I will have to fake a trajic story or something to get rid of it. :)