Monday, June 8, 2009

Taking care of business

Yesterday I tore down some of the old 60's white and gold streaked paneling in the bathroom. It left this behind. It is an improvement I assure you. I plan to paint over it, bumps and all.

I'm helping with all the work my parents are doing by walking around in my Dad's shoes.

Our new curved shower rod Phil put up. We took down the glass shower doors and the framework. There was the most disgusting pileup of 40 years of grime, under the track, I had to clean. That is, along with all the old chalking I had to scrape off. I bet you wish I'd taken a picture of it. I re-chalked the tub today. It was my first attempt and I think I did a pretty good job of it. It looks neater then the previous chalk job.

And these last 2 are pictures of the storm that blew threw last night.


I hope you all are having an enjoyable and productive summer so far.

2 comments:

Mom said...

I really like that curved shower rod! Good of M. to assist with the work by wearing the working shoes! Nice sky pictures!

Auntie said...

Caulking is hard! If you can get a reasonably even bead, come to visit my 2 tubs! YesYes! Paint over even the lumps. It is only paint, if you ever want to do something about the lumps. In the meantime, it perks up a place.