Monday, June 8, 2009

Oh my...

Today Matthew went up to the mirror and started cooing, "I'm so cute, I'm so cute" to himself. I think it's time to lay off telling him how adorable we find him. Oh my...

He also fell today and I didn't see how, so I asked him what happened. He replied, "I tripped and then I fell." I swear he did, because I was shocked he said it! So I repeated it back and he said, "Yep." So I guess I got it right.

Phil actually stayed till 5am this morning. I told him that Matthew was going to be upset when he woke up and found out that Phil had left. He didn't believe me, I think. But at 6:35am I woke up to, "Daddy, daddy, daddy, DADDY!" I told him he had left and gone back to work and that made Matthew scream, "NO! DADDY." As predicted he was not impressed with the state of events.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Wow! A compound sentence and he's not quite two! Way to go! Next time his daddy will know to wake him up and say goodbye. His mommy will have to deal with getting him back to sleep--but that's the way it goes!!!

Anonymous said...

Very impressive vocabulary; he's so smart! And he sure loves his Daddy!
Your sky pictures are gorgeous... how incredibly spacious and free there in the midwest. Powerful looking clouds.