Thursday, June 4, 2009

Simple things in life

I was thinking tonight about all the simple joys in life like smelling the grass after you cut the lawn, watching your son trying to help you weed by pulling the flowers off your plants or throwing the dirt out, and watching 2 very hungry kittens fight for the better position in the bowl of food. If I worked full time I'd miss so many of them. I am blessed to be with Matthew so much and home so much. I was cruising the internet tonight when I read that Marilyn Monroe and Elvis's personal items are up for sale, like pill bottles (estimated to go for $1,200). Both died so young. Did they enjoy the simple things is life? I hope so. The article I read tonight mentioned that Monday was Marilyn's 83rd birthday. Can you imagine her ever getting old? Me neither. Anyway, it's been a busy day around here. We are worn out and off to bed. Enjoy the simple pleasures in your life and report back to me!

1 comment:

Auntie said...

* I like watching my little dog zoom around his yard. His tail wags so fast it is a blur.
* This feels wonderful when I am sweaty and tired from yard work: sitting on the cool wood floor in my kitchen, leaning back against the washing machine; in the path of the breeze that comes in the back door, passes over me, and goes out the front.
* A whiff of gear oil activates an instant memory of the men on my dad's side of the family, and my childhood idea of how a man should smell.