Monday, May 19, 2008

The weathervane is up

My son has been entertaining himself all day by pulling out all the movies over and over again.
A picture of the front of the house. They got a coat of paint on the top.
A close up of how the roof looks.
A closeup of the weathervane.


I think the biggest news of the day is that the weathervane is up. I am excited and think it looks good. This means that the roof is 100% done now. The lightning rods all have their plastic globes up to replace the glass ones. They look good. The weathervane has ended up being a little controversial. Our roofer apparently does not believe in it. "It" being witches, Halloween, etc.? I'm not sure exactly, but he felt so strongly about it he was going to instruct Phil how to do it and not do it himself. But surprisingly he did it today. I believe that perhaps his church does not celebrate Halloween. We are a big Halloween family and we just thought it was very wimisical and cute. We don't "believe" in witches or witchcraft or worship satan. It all was a little upsetting for me. I don't want people to get the wrong impression over one little weathervane. He hasn't stopped working for us so I guess it's not as big of a deal as it's become in my head.

Matthew has a good day pulling out all the movies over and over again. He also enjoyed walking around the yard impressing the workers. He's just so proud of being able to "walk". Meaning he walks with great assistance. He did take two steps on his own Friday and two steps on Saturday. And Phil missed them both. The first time by being at work and the second by not paying attention to Matthew. Talk about frustrating, he was right there!

No comments: