Saturday, May 3, 2008

Hectic days

Yesterday I stayed home from work and helped Phil pack his life up to ship to his new apartment. We have more packing in the trailer to do, but for now it's all done. It feels very surreal. I don't think it's really, really hit me yet. Matthew and I are going to really miss him.

Last night my boss and her two kids came over and had dinner and a movie with us. My boss is going to TX for a conference all next week, so her two kids will stay with Matthew and I. It might be a very good distraction for us. Matthew likes her kids alot so it will be pretty fun for him too.

So far Missy, the dog's kennel name, has had no accidents. I was told she was only partially potty trained, but so far she's done great. Maybe she was just too nervous. I wish I could say as much for my cat. She is very upset I think. New dog, her bed got packed (actually it's ours...), people in and out, and new litter. I just washed my bathmat yesterday and yes, it's getting washed again today. I hope that she has decided she punished me enough and will use her litter box now. She is a very sweet and loving little cat, but she is really pushing the limit with me this past year. If she continues to misbehave she may go to someone else's house. I threaten, but I probably wouldn't. Maybe at most send her to Phil.

Better go prepare to move today.

4 comments:

jen4music said...

I wish I had known that you were getting a new dog. We are thinking about selling Molly. I don't know that I would give you to anyone I know either. She is just very expensive to take care of. She has some medical stuff going on and we can't afford to keep doing this. Anyway, I hope everything will go well with the move.

dwindlingdreams79 said...

Hey anne,
just wanted to say hello. Looks like you guys have been busy!! Hope your packing and moving phil goes well. Take care and give matthew hugs and kisses:)

The author said...

oh Jenny, that's too bad. I don't know if we would have wanted to take on another dog with medical problems right now since Foxy has problems too!

jen4music said...

No worries. We had a conversation about it and we are just going to keep her, because that's what we signed on when we bought her. sounds lik Phil is getting comfortable. That's good to hear.