Sunday, May 25, 2008

If life ever gets dull...

Don't be digging my hole just yet, I'm NOT ready!

Here's our sweet but tired and old Foxy girl.

I have one clump of irises that have decided to bloom. I'm excited they are blooming, but disappointed that none of the others are. My grandmom says that the old saying is that they have to rest for 7 years until they are happy enough to bloom. Since they were all moved from friends' gardens and planted here last year maybe they need a couple more years.

Here's the little guy taking a nap with his head cocked at a very strange angle.

Today we had a family reunion of sorts with my dad's cousins and some of their family. Matthew seemed pleased to meet them. I hadn't seen them since I was pregnant.

I can't believe one of my little cousins that I remember being born is taller then me now! Time passes so fast.


If life ever gets dull...I'll FINALLY be able to do all the things I say I'll do next winter when I don't have anything else to do. What chance of that do I have with a little boy???? Memorial Day weekend is shaping up to be a be a very busy weekend. Since I last wrote we've been on the go. Wednesday, after the last day of ASP, we had a party for our 2 teens that graduated. Thursday I took Missy to be spayed just be find out that she'd already been spayed. After saying goodbye to the roofing crew, who has to come back one more time, I picked her back up, and went to a last day of school get together with my coworkers and my boss's kids. We had a great time teasing each other, grilling, and playing in the park. Such phrases as "ledge butt" and "get back to work baby" were born. Matthew was so exhausted he went right to sleep. He had a wonderful time walking all over and up and down the steps. He also got to take his first ride in a baby swing, down a huge twisty slide, and on a merry go round. He also rode with his mom on a horse swing. It was great fun. Someone else got pictures, so I can't wait to see them. Friday I went and chopped my hair off. It is nice to have it short again. It hasn't been this short since '03. Phil got home late that night. Saturday I went shopping all morning with a friend that needed help picking out a special outfit. Once I was done with that, I met Phil at some friends of ours. We grilled and then came home. Today we did chores and then went to a family get together at the lake. It was good to see my dad's family again. I get to see them once every year or 2. I can't believe that my little cousin, I remember when he was born, is taller then me! We grilled (again!) and had some amazing homemade icecream and cake. Now we're home. It is just now finishing up raining, which is good since it was getting really, really dry.

All week I've been carrying Foxy out to go potty. She looked so awful. Every time I left the house I expected to come home and she'd be dead. On Thursday I picked up a new medication for her. When Phil got home he agreed she looked on her last paw and miserable. We've been talking all weekend about digging a hole for her and calling the vet to put her asleep. Then today she came and got us up to let her out to potty! She'd walked over to us and walked outside on her own. She stayed outside all day and looked pretty cheerful. Tonight she looked so happy I decided to take her picture. I guess the new medicine made her rally a little. I guess when this doesn't help anymore that's the end of the road.

1 comment:

dwindlingdreams79 said...

awww...foxy is still such a beautiful girl! You and your family look wonderful. I miss your mom she is such a sweet person! Glad you had a great memorial day. miss talking to ya!