Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Memorial Day

I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day! We have had a great weekend. I don't want it to end and have to go back to packing, stuffing stuff upstairs, and Phil going back to work. I hate, hate, hate moving.

I forgot to mention yesterday that Matthew has really started taking off with walking. He is now starting to just take off on his own walking across the room to get something. He is just so cute. I wish we had it on camera or video, but you never know when he's going to actually take off. It has been such a great first year with him. I love all the new stages with him, but I also miss the itty bitty baby that he was. He was just such a cute bundle of loooovvve. Anyway, I bet by time his birthday rolls around he'll really have the walking thing down pretty well. Then it will be on to running.

We ran down to my parents today to pick up a ramp and stayed for supper. We stayed too long after supper and ran into heavy rain when we got here. Matthew was asleep, so when that cold rain hit him he started screaming. He was not impressed with the end of his evening at all. It will be interesting to see how much rain we get tonight. We have gotten 1.75 inches of rain since Friday. That's the most we've got in probably a month and most of that came last night. It will do great things for the crops and plants if we don't get too much too soon and flood lower areas. Hopefully we also miss the hail. We have the 2 Toyotas in the garages, but my car is out. Lack of room for it. It isn't worth much anymore and doesn't look real great, but the gas mileage is good and it has always run well!

No comments: