Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Day of poop

You have all heard the urban legends about the baby that pooped in their diaper and then decided to paint with it all over the walls, the carpet, the crib, the car, and finally eat it. You never ever believe that maybe, just maybe, some part of that story isn't an urban legend and your baby will put you through it. That is until they do. Yes, Matthew today covered a toy phone with it and got some on the carpet, while attempting to eat what got on his fingers. EWWWWWW! It was the second bath I had to give him because he was covered in poop. Yes, I said second. #2. This morning he accidentally sat in diarrhea in the yard and needed bath #1. I hope that we are done with poop for awhile. If not forever. Some days it's really hard to be a mom. And of course all of this happens while I'm alone with the baby. I'm the same mom who was lifting her son's butt up to put a diaper on it, after cleaning off poop, just to have him shoot liquid poop out onto my leg! EWWWWW! And while I tried to block that he started peeing all over me. Lovely. Well, he sure broke his new mom in quick. That least I can say that he never peed into my mouth, just his. Poor kid. I hope he makes it to high school!

On a not so hilarious note, Foxy is not doing so well. I'm not sure how much longer she has left. Phil is hoping she passes while he is gone and I'm hoping I'm not alone. It is never easy to lose a pet. At least in this case I can honestly say she's had a great life and has lived to a ripe old age.

3 comments:

dwindlingdreams79 said...

Sorry to hear about foxy! She is a wonderful dog. Aren't babies fun:) I Think every parent has to be broke in with the whole poop thing:) When kalea was a baby and we lived in ft. myers she had diarrea and decided to play in it while she was in her crib..I remember walking in to get her and there was poop all over!! she was covered from head to toe and so was her crib. Now baby poop just isn't the same until you have a boy!! Brayden is now 2 years old and we are trying to potty train him..for some reason he thinks that when he poops in his pull up that he is spose to stick his hand in his pants and pull some out for everyone to see. I know it is awful. He goes to his room to poop and then comes out with it on his hand and says ewwww..mommy!! Boys! aren't they so much fun:) Hope you have better luck with matthew.

jen4music said...

When I read this I was literally gagging. It made me remember though some of the moments I had working at the day care in Emporia. I have been through that moment. I think it helps when it's your kid though. I found that I get worse when it's not yours. I didn't get to bad with Nathan.

The author said...

If you were gagging imagine how I felt!!! Sorry reading the blog is such a optical hazard!