Monday, May 17, 2010

The way little boys roll


So today I was loading boxes into the back of the 4-Runner and Matthew had crawled in the backseat, to watch the process. When I came back with another box, I saw the boy with his pants down and he asked me to help him pull them up. What are they doing down in the first place I wanted to know. Well, I peed on the grass Mom...and there and there too. As I came around the side I could see the pipe rail looked like it had been sprinkled on, but it wasn't sprinkling. Yes, my son peed right out of the door of the car. Heaven help us all.

Lately Matthew has been coming up with very lively imaginary play with his stuffed animals and cars. One is the Mom, one the Dad, one the baby. And they talk and play and cry and get lost. He has more fun making up storylines. Sometimes he counts in the mirror and then says to go to timeout. Or pretends to cry. He's a real hambone. There is NEVER a dull moment here.

8 comments:

Auntie said...

Awwww.

Anonymous said...

What a delightful child he is!!!

Angela said...

LOL- I can hear the phone calls now....... my neighbor complained about my son peeing in their yard; I hope I'm wrong; it sounds like he enjoys playing with his toys and has a good imagination :)

The author said...

He is being taught that you can only pee outside in the country at MaMaw and Poppa's and our house. In town is off limits. He isn't really thrilled with that logic, but he's listened.

Jenny said...

I guess he is officially a true country boy now.

Anonymous said...

Little city boys "sprinkle" too! My little girl tried to copy her big bro but failed. :( teeheehee Kids don't change much because this had to be 25+ yrs ago & I still laugh at the memory. I love the hat! Is he being Poppa?

The author said...

Yes Jenny, I think you are right. Susan, that is so funny. My Granddad, your Uncle Frank, came inside laughing hard one day after playing with me. He told my Dad that in the middle of playing ball or frisbee, I pulled down my pants and went right there. I was very good at it! I would have been probably 2-3 yrs old. Kids really don't change much. And yes, he is being Poppa. Loves that Poppa.

inadvertent farmer said...

Aren't boys fun? I must say all 4 of mine have peed in some strange places too!

Just your Thursday reminder that if you want the link party is up for kinderGARDENS if you have anything you want to share! Kim