Sunday, March 22, 2009

Wax on

I forgot to write about several interesting things of note because I was waxing on so poetic. Or not so poetic.

Wednesday we went to the Children's Hospital to have Matthew allergy tested more extensively. Or at least that's what I thought. We got there, got right in, doctor came in and it went downhill. I gave the doctor the scoop and what we came for and he said if he'd been tested already, he needed to see the results. He came back and announced that Matthew wasn't allergic to anything and no further testing was needed. That's good, but he also said that since I wasn't allergic to anything on my allergy test that probably every time I had allergy problems I really had a cold. Oh really. Very interesting. And doubtful. So all in all I'm glad I didn't drive from here because I'd have been a little steamed.

On a more exciting note, yesterday Matthew had a runny nose. I do not believe he has a cold. I believe he suffers from allergies like the rest of the family. Anyway, he must have gotten tired of it running because we suddenly heard, "No, no, no, nose. No, no, no, nose!" I turned around to see him giving his nose the pointer finger and tapping it. That lead to us asking Matthew where body parts are. We helped him on a couple, but most he knew. Today we tried again. And he knows alot. He can tell you where eyes, nose, mouth, ears, head, fingers, hands, stomach/tummy, feet, and toes are. He is learning knees. I was very surprised. Just the other day I read he should be able to id at least one body part and maybe 2 or 3. I felt bad because I didn't think he could, but surprise! Of course he can, I just hadn't asked.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute that Matthew was scolding his runny nose! I'm proud of him for being able to identify so many parts. I guess now you know--when in doubt--ask!!! How funny!

Anonymous said...

Matthew: "Mo-om! Just ASK what you want to know!"