Thursday, March 12, 2009

Age of Why

This is Matthew after I told him it hurt when he hit me in the head with a hanger. I'd also taken it away from him. In his defense, he didn't mean to hit me, he was just waving it around.


More hats on parade.


You have heard of the Age of Aquarius, but I'm hear to tell you about the Age of Why and What's That. I hear "why" alot now, although I don't think it is used the same as 3 year olds and older. I also hear alot of "what's that?" As we ride down the road, in the car, for a stretch all I hear is "what's that, what's that, what's that, what's that, what's that" and see in the rear view mirror a little finger gesturing wildly. I can tell the Age of Why and What's That is beginning and probably won't leave for several years.

Matthew and I went to see Great Grandmom today. He was the star of the nursing home. People stopped by just to talk to him. The nurse in charge of the snack cart gave him a package of crackers and a cup of peach juice. He snarfed them down like I never feed him. Great Grandmom was in rare form today and the 2 of them played for an hour and 1/2!

The best part of today was that Phil came home tonight and brought CAKE! I am now on a sugar high and will drift off happily. Ahhh...and it might happen to be my birthday, Bye!

2 comments:

dwindlingdreams79 said...

HAPPY 30TH BIRTHDAY ANNE!!!!!! I hope you had a wonderful day. And by the way I don't think the WHY stage ever really goes away! I get why from Kalea everytime I tell her no about something!
love you and take care!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good day! Any day that ends with birthday cake just has to be good!!! I think I have to agree with dwindlingdreams79 about the why question. The only thing about it that changes with age will be the tone of voice that is used to say 'why'!