Sunday, March 15, 2009

Spring break

Wreath transformed for Easter festivities.

A little man who decided to decorate himself with sunglasses. Sorry about the diaper-he did this before I was able to clothe him.


Friday, our family got up early to drop the brat kitten off to have a little womanly change performed. The wonderful part of it was that the after effect is that she is still slowed down. The pets have all had a peaceful weekend for once. While we were there, we picked up a bed we're borrowing from my Grandmom. Yes! No more futon! I worked Friday, so the 2 guys hung out all afternoon together.

Saturday, we all hung out together on the 1st official day off spring break. For my birthday, Phil got me Season 2 and 3 of Everybody Loves Raymond. The family has been having a marathon ever since. In the afternoon, we all went and got family haircuts again. Last night we put the bed together and it was so nice. The futon is breaking, so it isn't capable of laying flat well. That has meant that we have to drag the mattresses onto the floor to sleep. When it's just me, I sleep on it like a couch. But unlike a couch, it slants and it doesn't work so well for me.

So far today, it's just been more marathon watching and laundry. As well as cleaning and packing. We'll all journey to KC to spend the week with Phil. Matthew has been so excited to hang out with his dad. He refused to spend the 1st 15 minutes up anywhere other than our bed, because he was hoping that his Dad would get up. (Didn't work. His dad didn't even budge when he was smacking the site of the family jewels.) I normally hear "Hi, Hi, Mommy, Mommy, HI!", but this morning I heard, "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, the wreath looks like a totally different one! I like it. Your son has an imaginative new use for sunglasses! It is so nice that your family can spend time together for over a week!!!