Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Scoop

Phil got his MRI results and announced his back was much worse than he thought it would be. He has 3 bulging discs, 1 slipped disc, 1 slightly ruptured disc, and a nerve that is pinched. That's a list. The good news it's not bad enough to need surgery, so they are sending him off to pain management and to have tests done on the nerve. Since it affects his walking they want to see what all it's doing.

Matthew also had a big day. He acted like he needed to potty, so I asked. He confirmed it and we went and sat on the potty. And went right away. When the potty announced, "You went potty," I cheered. He got up and hugged me. But of course, we've refused to go on the pot again, but it's a start. Then later we went to work. He didn't like the idea of daycare. (Maybe because yesterday was a rough day and I discovered a sippy cup issue.) So he stayed with us and helped the kids plant marigold seeds for Earth Day. Later I made him go for the last hour and 1/2. Apparently that was a bad idea. A little boy named Shawn and him have issues. Today Shawn announced, "No Matthew, I'm not sharing my toys with you." Matthew gave him the eye, slapped him, and said clear as day, "No Shawn." He was promptly put in time out, but this did not cut off the urge to say "No Shawn" for the rest of the day. As I related this story to my Mom and his Dad, he felt the need to show he could say the new word, Shawn. Refuses to say Matthew. Gotta love these terrible 2's.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Poor Phil--his back sounds really bad. I hope they get it fixed! Yea for Matthew starting on the potty training adventure!