Thursday, April 23, 2009

And off the wagon again

Once again I don't have any pictures to post. But in my defense it was a very long day. It started with a bang at 6:30 in the morning. Once I woke up enough to locate the phone, I discovered it was the principal. One of the daycare ladies was sick and could I fill in? Yes, and it was a long day! Matthew and I were at the school from 8am to 6pm. Matthew actually had a better day then on the 3 hour days. He was even really pleasant at home. Maybe I should go back to work...and as soon as someone actually decides to hire me I probably will!

Well, if I'm not awoken at 6:30am again, we'll probably go in the morning to dig more bulbs up. You can never have too many! I called one of the companies that I ordered a plant from to say it's basically dead, just to have the lady tell me that it blooms in July or August. When I said I'm not worried about the bloom time, I'm worried about the fact it looks dead, she told me to fertilizer it and give it another week. So, we'll see if it has more life in a week. Anyway, after bulb digging we have to pack for a weekend with the hubby in KC. I haven't decided whether to leave the pup at home or subject Mom's tender plants to his huge paws. After all our work, I just don't want him and Simba to trample them. Oh the joys of puppyhood.

2 comments:

Mom said...

I'm glad you both had a good day even if long. I think you should bring Scamp on down. I bet he and Simba will be very good and not smash any plants! We could use the back door and that way they will have no reason to be showing off in the flower beds!

Anonymous said...

That IS a long day. I hope you'll post some pics when your gardens bloom! (Tell Scamp to help you plant not dig up?) Hope Phil's back pain is better for your weekend.