Thursday, June 24, 2010

Summer street festival

Last weekend it was time again for the street festival. It's also election year. I never noticed so many candidates in one parade before. Our favorite candidate is running for his 3rd term as County Commissioner. And he'd be my father. I have a photo, but as I try and respect everyone's privacy on here, I won't post it due to last names displayed. Good luck Dad! Here are a few pictures of the high lights. Matthew, Angela, and I danced the blanket dance at the powwow.

Matthew and I braved the Tilt a Whirl. Boy, those are some unsure faces.

I was afraid he'd be scared and cry, but he laughed the whole way.

Next we rode the carousel.

Then we convinced Phil to take him down the slide.

Phil felt silly, but they both had huge grins going down. If you are a faithful blog reader, you might remember another ride down the big slide. Reread it here. I guar-row-tee (as a Cajun television cook says) you'll laugh alot!

7 comments:

Mom said...

That slide episode was extremely funny--afterward! But it will be OK if you forget all about it now! I fear this is one of those things I'll never live down! LOL

Erin said...

Looks like a fun time! I took my kids on the tilt-a-whirl at the strawberry festival this year. I used to LOVE it, and told them "watch this".... and I proceeded to spin that thing like crazy... about 30 seconds later I thought I was going to pass out and felt ill but the kids were laughing their heads off! I think age is catching up with me, I won't ride this again LOL!

The author said...

Mom, no you'll NEVER live it down!

Erin, I used to love it too, but I knew if I made it spin fast I'd puke. I also used to have no problems. I guess we're both old!!!

Angela said...

LOL- that was a funny story and I'm sorry I missed it but it is nice to hear about it again, and again, and again :)

Auntie said...

Thank you for giving us the link for last year's slide story. I read it again and laughed again, and hope you will link it again next year! Not because of your poor mom, of course, but for your excellent journalism.

Mom said...

Oh, man... You guys are picking on me, AGAIN! LOL

The author said...

Mom, you make it easy! :)

Auntie and Angela, I wish you'd been there!