Friday, September 26, 2008

Falling into fall

A picture I took of our yard that I just liked.

I love my new camera. I was able to take a picture of a butterfly drinking dandelion nectar with it.

Phil posing with a high school team, the coaching staff and some KC Chiefs staff. *taken by someone else and they did an excellent job

Matthew eating his first ever apple.

Yummy!

Matthew playing in a car in the daycare playground.

Matthew and Missy watching a fuzzy caterpillars progress. Matthew and I found it and thought it was kindof neat. I used to catch them and take them to school in an old peanut butter jar (old style with metal lids you could poke holes in.) That's when you really knew fall was coming.


We continue, as always, to have busy days. Wednesday when we went to school, the snack was apples. The apples were the most tiny little apples I've ever seen off a tree. I let Matthew have his very own. It was the first time he had apples in a form other than applesauce. He loved it. He even attempted to eat the stem. That night Matthew and I went swimming with Mom. Matthew didn't enjoy it as much as I thought he would because it was kind of cold this time. Mom and I were disappointed with the water temp too. After that we dried off and hurried home to bed.

Thursday we went shopping for a new vacuum cleaner. While at the store we found some cute window clings. After getting everything home and cleaning the carpet, I decided to clean the windows in the living room and put up the window clings. BAD, bad mistake. I knew I could flip down my new window I love and clean the outside. In doing so I completely messed it up. The people we got it from are coming today to look at it, but I know they are going to have to order a new one. I'm sooooo upset about that. So I have cute window clings on my brand new messed up window. They at least look cute.

After work Matthew and I got invited to eat dinner with my boss and her kids again. We did and had a great time. Matthew is starting to learn to not be so afraid of Mr. Fritz, the weiner dog. After we left there Matthew was so tired he had to take a quick bath and go straight to bed.

Phil and another recruiter had the pleasure of awarding the coach of the week award this week. It is a program set up between the Army and the KC Chiefs. Every week they recognize a different high school football coach and his team. There was a upper level Chief staff member there as well as a Chiefs sports intern. Phil felt very honored to be asked to pose for a picture with them all. It is one of the more interesting duties he gets to do every now and then.

No comments: