Friday, March 28, 2008

Progress

They made more progress on the house today. Another dormer window is painted and a little bit of the roof is on. We are going to put the lighting rods back up and replace the 2 bulbs that are broken. Since they are rebuilding a higher peak in the middle of the roof (it was a flat roof for years) we are getting a fifth rod for the middle. We found a really cool one that has a witch and moon weather vane on it that we are dying to get. We haven't decided yet if we are going to fork out the money.
So, do you all want to know where we are going? Do ya? What? I can't hear you? Well, the verdict is sort of in. It's our pick of Liberty, Independence, or Olathe. What did I say yesterday. We had heard Manhattan or Topeka before to be told no so I knew it wasn't going to work. Now all we have to do is pick the city by Monday and decide what we are doing with our house and me. Do I stay, go, be a stay at home mom, work full time, or what? It's a little bit of a mess. And what do we do with all our stuff. It's definitely too much for a one bedroom or even a two bedroom apartment. We have alot of decisions to make in a very short amount of time. The good news is that in a year we hope to be moved back. I guess Phil's on the list to be moved to Manhattan when a position opens up there.

Well here are the two men in my life. Aren't they so cute? I had to take the picture and for once Phil agreed to let me and Matthew smiled. Too bad he had his pacifier in. I don't think I've mentioned it but April 3rd Matthew is having surgery to remove the dermoid cyst by his right eye. It is rather scary for me to think my little 9 month old boy is going to be put under and operated on. I know it's an outpatient thing and he'll be just fine, but I still don't like it. Of course in the last week I just had to read that an 18 year old girl died from a severe reaction to the anesthesia. It was a different kind of surgery in a completely different state, but still that is not what I want to hear, something else to worry about. He will be the first surgery of the day, probably at 7:30 in the morning. I'm taking the whole day off to be around to soothe him and will take Friday off too if he still isn't feeling too good. The doctor said that by the next day he should be feeling pretty good. I'm pretty sure that his dad will be at the hospital and possibly off the whole day too. Matthew will probably do great. He was so good when they put the pic line in so he could have his CT scan done of the cyst. Mothers were born to worry.

No comments: