Sunday, March 30, 2008

Drizzle, dreary day

As far as the outside world goes, it was an yucky day. But inside the house good things sprang to life. Matthew has learned that he can pull himself up on the coffee table or couch and can take steps all on his own. He will walk the length of the coffee table and then carefully lower himself down so that he crawl off to other stuff. He is rather proud of himself I think. As for me, I'm scared about how much more stuff he is going to get into walking. Well, that's life and I signed up for this. My house is no longer my own. I'm about to wave the white flag and give in to the enemy. He has not learned how to pull himself up on the new gate we bought yesterday that spans the wide opening between the living room and the dining room.

Ha, ha. Well, it's a new day now because Matthew refused to leave me alone yesterday long enough to write this! Talk about waving the white flag. After I gave up he proceed to try and dump water on my computer, but luckily I had drank all but a tiny bit and the computer remained dry. Phil and I managed to get his brand new big boy car seat in the car last night after much work. I can't wait till we can reposition it to be front facing. It will be easier to see what the young man is doing. Probably less boring for him too.

Saturday we went shopping in Wichita and also stopped in to see two of my dearest friends. One of them has a boy 2 weeks to the day older then Matthew. The two boys really enjoyed hanging out and playing. It is nice to have a friend who has a boy the same age as mine.

No work will happen on the house today. The roofer had to admit defeat to the weather. It rained yesterday and looks like it will again today, although it is nice and sunny at the moment. The wind is very strong too. It might gust up to 45 mph today. So, I have my house to myself and I'm going to be leaving to run errands and take Matthew to his appointment. Isn't that the way it always goes?

No comments: