Monday, February 9, 2009

Phases


I do not like this phase of Matthew's where he is hitting other kids. Especially the ones that are younger and didn't do anything to deserve it. It really hurts my heart. Now he also attempts to hit us once in awhile, so he isn't always picking on the smaller. I was so delighted to be greeted enthusiastically today and then the news...sigh. I cannot wait for the phase to be over. True to my word, I refused to read to him tonight and explained over and over why I would not be reading another book until he got a good daycare report. Maybe it's a bad approach, but something must be done. I refuse to raise a bully. I am a realist enough to understand that he's a boy and that he will probably will get into fights here and there, but to pick on the weak is not ok.

This morning after seeing how hard the wind was blowing and how hard it was raining, Matthew and I postponed grocery shopping once again, but it has to be done tomorrow or we'll be in big trouble. Ie: NO FOOD! We spent a pleasant day at home playing and cleaning. Well, he played and I cleaned. While I cleaned, I dreamed about the wonderful bulbs and seeds I'd be ordering this year. I think the warmer weather is making my garden genes sing. I just hope I can keep Matthew and the pup from trampling the growing plants to a pulp!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope day care deals swiftly and sternly with such behavior while he is doing it.