Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Learning

Matthew has been making leaps and bounds in the motor skills areas. He has learned to turn on the tubs faucets. It could be bad if I don't notice and the water runs for a long time. He has also been fascinated, for the last couple of days, screwing on and off pop bottle lids. This could also be a problem for me as I was always counting on him not being able to open lids. I can kiss those days goodbye. The last thing he's been working hard on is hopping. He's always jumped around, but this is different. It's more coordinated and controlled. I realized today I'm probably going to cry when he goes to school for the first time. Yes, I'm a clingy mom who sort of doesn't want their child to grow up. Argh.

We went to visit my Grandmom at the nursing home today and ended up delighting some other patients. Matthew, without prompting, waved and blew kisses. As the principal said today, "He'll be able to get by on his smile quite a bit." He is so cute (if I can say it myself) it probably does help him out of sticky jams at daycare.

No comments: