Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Answering some questions

So I was on the couch tonight minding my own business when I looked up to see this in my face...

Is it a strange bug? Oh, it's a boy...

And he moved to dressing the mom in glasses until she looked like a strange bug.

Here is Matthew with his loyal followers.

Running because it's so fun to have someone to chase you.

I never tire of taking pictures of him asleep.

What a ham! Growling for the camera.

Another new skill, he can pull my chair out and get at all my stuff on the desk.

I looked in on Matthew Sat. night and this is what I saw. That brat kitten. I couldn't be mad, it was too cute.


I have been asked several questions and feel that it is time to address them.

1. Where is the pup? Do you have the pup still? A: The pup is on the Hill Top Acres (which is here) and Yes! I think he is a permanent fixture now. I had decided to get rid of him Monday and Phil insisted I try a another couple days. We are working on not clobbering the boy with love, ie jumping on him. The puppy has gotten much more respectful while Matthew's upright, but should Matthew fall (which happens alot) it's a free for all for licking and rolling and general puppy loving. Matthew protests that action. Today I yelled at Scamp (I believe that's his new name) to stop and come here, and he actually did. I think this puppy is very smart and will become a very good dog. When he sees us getting in the car to go, he will go sit on the back steps and watch. He never tries to run or follow us. If he's in his pen, he will still sit down and watch. He's a most curious little guy.

2. What is this mystery hole? Size of it? A: I call it the mystery hole because I just don't know why it's there. I think it might have been for a heating duct, but that really doesn't make sense either. It's 19"x16 1/4". It goes all the way through the wall. And the wall is about a foot thick (because of the pocket door no doubt). The room above that area has also been altered, so I'm guessing that whatever was there impacted the upstairs room. And in modern enough times for them to use sheetrock, but before the paneling went up around 1965. Were the 60's modern times? Hehe.

Matthew and I had a pretty good day. Work wasn't so great (and of course my boss wasn't working because her kids were sick again) but overall a great day. Scamp found a new way to escape his pen tonight and I wired the spot shut. He didn't care too much, since it was so cold. He felt his time was better spent in his dog house. Smart dog. We bought the house for Foxy and she rarely ever would use it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laundry Chute?

Anonymous said...

Hey, wait a minute! The 60's WERE modern times in my day!!!
Could the hole have been a grate which allowed heat from downstairs to go past the pocket door and up through another grate in the floor of the bedroom upstairs?

The author said...

I would be more inclined to think the laundry chute would be a better option. I don't think it was for a grate. Although, I don't think the laundry chute explains it either.