Tuesday, February 24, 2009

How we "rocked" the weekend

Hats and more hats. If you notice, he's riding that worm the wrong way.

Relaxing with his special quilt and pillow his Great-Grandmom made him.

What a suspicious look!


Going back to last weekend, we didn't just do homework. We also had dinner with the McKee's, who are moving in a month. That's the thing about making friends with military, they always get moved. So far, we've always been the ones left behind. Part our choice, part the Army. Matthew really likes this particular couple, so we always have a nice time visiting them. We also drove on Sunday to the Honeybaked Ham Company, to get supper, only to discover they weren't open. That was fabulous. This discovery meant we'd have to eat frozen pizzas again, so to console myself-I mean console the family-I stopped at the grocery store and picked up some fabulous fat free frozen yogurt and Junior Mints.

The exciting event was Phil's back deciding to go out right after we got there. We spent the whole weekend watching him hobble around in pain. He finally had the hospital look at it today. They did x-rays and said he's to take physical therapy for 2 months. He's gone down this road with them before and it didn't help. They said if it doesn't this time, they'll request an MRI. We'll see what happens.

There's not much more to tell. Matthew was a pill at daycare and work went ok for me. The weather is warming up nicely today. I just wish it didn't have to be so windy. I looked at my Mom's hyacinths this weekend. They are coming up so nicely and multipled too! (And our huge footed puppy didn't smash them all over the weekend.) I wish I had some that were coming up! I have grape hyacinths, but I don't think they are doing much. Of course, I didn't see them last year till they were suddenly there. (If you remember from last year, I didn't even know I had any.) I asked Phil if he could increase my yearly gardening allowance because I want to buy some plants and bulbs, which is much more than seeds. He told me no, unless I buy him a new 50" flat screen. I'll be paring my list down instead. It's so hard though. I want them all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with paring down your planting list. Maybe you could thin out some of mine? Your photos of our little guy are so cute--as always! I'm happy that Phil is taking steps to get his back well again. (I wanted to say, 'get his back back in shape', but that didn't sound quite right!) I hope the PT helps!!!