Sunday, November 9, 2008

Enjoying the outdoors together

I can take the grass, let me at it.

Two men doing what men do.

Born to be wild...what you can't see is that he is wearing a motorcycle sweatshirt that states "King of the Road-My Road, My Rules."

I'm soooo cute...


Our family had a busy day working in the garage. Phil brought home the bike he just purchased and spent the day taking it apart. (It is a fixer-upper.) Matthew spent the day running around looking at things. And I spent the day organizing all the wood we got. Unfortunately we have to strip and restain all of it before we can put it up. Sigh. This project takes longer and longer everyday. But it will be good in the end. Now I'm hoping to have a dining room by spring. Of course, then it will become the temporary living room, while we start doing the same to the living room. I'm hoping I have both a living room AND a dining room by spring of '10. (And maybe it won't be that long!) I peeked in the wrapping at one of the doors. It looked good. I can't wait to put them up. Phil thinks I'm impatient. I think he's not in a rush to get it done because he doesn't have to live in the mess 24/7!

Anyway, it was a very nice day, considering it's become cold. I planted the tiger lilies I had in a pot. They should be able to slumber away in peace now. I haven't started dreaming of my garden next year yet. Maybe it's because I've been pondering the fact I don't have any Thanksgiving decorations.

Matthew, as ever, is learning new things everyday. His verbal skills are becoming more clear. He likes soymilk. Friday night he insisted his dad wear his hat. Phil finally hid it from him. He has to wear his shoes and if I'm not wearing mine he keeps bringing them to me until I break down and wear them. He waves goodbye more often. He also is not so sure he likes strangers. Which is a good thing. I know he did something else this week for the first time, but I can't remember!

No comments: