Wednesday, August 27, 2008

And the other shoe dropped...

It was amazing, but after spending an hour tracking down the cat upstairs Friday, we actually left for Phil's apartment. I got stuck in construction for 20 mins (I went 1 mile in 15 mins, pretty neat at 10:40 pm) and finally we arrived at 11 pm. Boy was I glad to finally get there. We actually had a pretty great weekend. Sat. Matthew and I met Phil for lunch and then went shopping. I binged on Halloween clothes (bad, bad) and when we got home, Phil did too. Then we packed up and went to a guy he works with house, so that the men could put a new radiator in the mans drag car. It was kind of interesting. While they did that I met and hung out with the wife. Matthew absolutely loved her and was on his best behavior. And amazingly enough he didn't kill their house. Sunday we just stayed home and lounged around. Ahhh...and the rash finally faded Sunday night...

Monday we came home. We ate with Mom and Dad at DQ and then we came home and got ready for work. By now Matthew was really fussy and crabby. I thought to myself, "this is going to be a fun day." I walked in and miracles of miracles, Matthew could go to daycare the whole day. Yea! I went on with my business of working. At 5:30 I got a phone call. "Your son has a fever of 102.5..." Great. Just great. So I go home with my fussy, overheated bug-a-boo and start the rounds of Tylenol. Poor guy. The Tylenol gets his fever down to maybe 99.6 or 99.9 and then when it wears off it rebounds back up to 101.5 or 102.5. I hope it isn't going to be like last fall where he has a 102.5 temp for 5 days. He was so miserable. And other then extreme fussiness and seeming to be achy, the temperature is the only symptom. Last year I could go to work because Mom would take him, but she doesn't work at the same school anymore and now she's sick too. So what do you do? Just stay home and try not to grieve the lost of half your weeks pay. Maybe at some point this year I'll be able to pull full-time hours...not having so far...

No comments: