Tuesday, August 19, 2008

4 days of school down, 170 to go...

It's been an interesting last 4 days of work. Somehow there was a flub up and Matthew can only go to daycare for around an hour everyday, which means he's with me the rest of the time. It gets a little crazy. Today an ADHD kindergartener headbutted him to the ground. He started crying and trying to get to me while about 5 little girls all tried to pick him up and console him, all at the same time. Poor guy. He just gets mobbed. It's also hard for me to get homework done, while chasing him from behind the librarian's desk away from the adult scissors and markers. Oh my. Yesterday they got to have rolls with peanut butter and jelly and of course he stole one when my back was turned. I turned around to him happily munching away. At least I can take him with me. If not I'd be job hunting.

At home I am busily trying to rearrange the living room. I think I have it now. I just wish I had a cupboard for by the front door. Maybe one day. I think it'd be neat to put a wardrobe there to hang coats in, but I think it'd be to big for the space. At some point I need to start stripping wallpaper and do more painting outside. It just never ends.

No comments: