In a kids craft book, I saw a project about making a turkey out of a stuffed paper bag. We don't have any of those at the moment, but we did have a full bag of brown plastic bags. In another project, the turkey's tail was made out of construction handprints. So Matthew, Phil, and I traced our hands 3 times and made a tail for the turkey. With our nifty printer, I blew up the head for pinecone turkeys and voila! Matthew colored it a lovely green (and one side of the beak purple.) Tomorrow I plan to write what we are thankful for on our handprints.
Matthew and I are pretty proud of how it turned out. Happy Thanksgiving!