Tuesday, April 26, 2011

There's no place like home...

All the boy wants to spell right now.


Matthew and I drove 12 hours straight on Easter. We drove in heavy rain on the interstate that caused us to go slow (anywhere from 45 to 60 mph) for 60 miles and finally we outran the system at North OKC. Thanks to the weight of our stuff in the back, our tiny car took it like a champ. Thank goodness! Monday we got up and I felt terrible. But we tried to get stuff done anyway. While we were visiting our old house, I was able to enjoy the last of tulips, daffodils, grape hyacinths and 3 different irises blooming. Today I feel better and we got more done. Matthew, Hershey, Simba, and I took a lovely walk on the trail today and spotted deer tracks (Matthew identified them himself), looked at turkey vultures, watched Simba chase a rabbit, and looked at clouds and trees. I fear we won't get to go again for awhile due to the large amount of poison ivy right on the edge of a large chuck of the trail. Small boys were in danger of walking into it, as were small dogs. What a bummer!

Matthew is 41 1/2" and 37lbs as of today.

12 days down, 353 to go.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Is the boy spelling by himself or does he need a bit of help? I'm glad you were able to enjoy some of your flowers; I don't think they are done since they have been very slow to bloom due to the cool weather. I'm sure the time will fly by and hopefully it won't be as long as you think.

The author said...

Angela, the boy needs help spelling everything still, but he can identify most of the letters by himself. If he takes after his parents, he'll be a horrible speller anyway! I got much better in high school.

Auntie said...

A rule for safe living: Beware the Poison Ivy!