Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spring fling

We set out on a trip back home to do taxes among other things. Some of those other things included making sandwiches and eating them on the way at a random stop in OK...

...And finding little houses at that stop that delighted little boys...

...Saw little friends for the last time before kindergarten at least...

...pretended to be leprechauns with our very best friend at story time on St. Patrick's Day...

...We walked the trail and discussed tracks we found. Lots of stuff we learned on the trail.

We enjoyed the beauty of the old. Much older then we... *photo by Phil

...of much younger then us... *photo by Phil

...Small dogs got all tangled up... *photo by Phil

...Others were just magnificent... *photo by Phil

...A small boy and aunt dance the day away...

...while on another day the small boy finds eggs...

...good ole KS bunny...

...new plants are planted happily...

... and animals are spotted eating other animals food.

Happy Spring!

12 comments:

Auntie said...

Come baaaaaaaack! COME BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!
What a great picture story. (Phil does well when he isn't shooting rumps or interiors of noses!)

Mom said...

I agree with Auntie on all counts!
Why were those little houses there? Were they for sale or was it a part of a park?

Angela said...

I agree with "Auntie" however, I'm grateful I got to see you and spend some quality time with you and your flowers and playing blocks with the boy.

The author said...

Auntie, I may be back sooner then anyone ever suspected. Phil is getting really good at shooting photos.

Mom, we had no idea. There was 4 in all different colors like they were for sale, but there wasn't a single sign or anything. It was fun for Matthew, he thinks he should get the yellow house.

Angela, it was good to spend time with you to.

Auntie said...

Well the sooner the better, in my opinion. That little yellow house would look great at your place. Or mine. Is that a grown kitten or one of the original twins?

The author said...

One of the kittens. The original hit the road and comes back once in awhile I guess.

Mom said...

I wonder how hard it would be to make one of those houses?

Angela said...

I agree with Auntie; I miss you guys like crazy. I bet we could find plans for a small house on-line; they don't look terribly difficult to build but I could be wrong.

Mom said...

I think I could make up some plans, but I could be wrong about that too!
Sawing the boards would be my biggest challenge, I think.

The author said...

I think they were just cheap wood, maybe plywood. I'm sure they wouldn't be too hard to make. What made them cute was that everything was slanted. The problem is where would it live?

Auntie said...

I am getting ready to build a 6x6' shed, peaked roof, 7.5 at highest point, slanting down to 6' on the sides. Mine will probably be yellow. But it is for garden tools, mowers, extra wire, etc, and won't be cute and slanted.

Mom said...

Auntie, there is no reason you couldn't slant a tiny window or slant the top of the door. Think outside the box (or would that be outside the shed?)